Terms and Conditions
Aviator Custom Guitars offer various options for customers interested in custom electric guitars. Each option can be ordered through a dedicated order form on the Aviator Guitars website.
Pilot Edition: Our semi-custom models within the Pilot Edition can be configured through a dedicated order form which calculates exact final price. Orders are subject to a flat non-refundable build deposit of 1000 Euro pre-tax. Remaining Balance can be paid once the guitar is finished, prior to shipping. Estimated build time for Pilot Edition builds is 4-6 months from the date the deposit is received. Payments are made through GoPay gateway.
Ace Edition: Our Custom models within the Ace Edition can be ordered through one of the dedicated order forms, depending on the choice of individual product lines within the Ace Edition. Price quotes of these orders are preliminary estimates, as various options are often quoted individually after Aviator Guitars review the submitted order. Orders are subject to a flat non-refundable project deposit of 100 Euro that secures a detailed discussion, visual mockup and final price quote of the desired instrument. Upon mutual agreement a non-refundable Build deposit of 40% of the total final price is required to start the build process. The 100 Euro Project deposit is deducted from the 40% Build deposit. Remaining Balance can be paid once the guitar is finished, prior to shipping. Estimated build time for Pilot Edition builds is 6-9 months from the date the deposit is received. Project Deposit Payments are made through GoPay gateway. Build Deposit and Final Balance payments will be invoiced and can be paid via bank transfer, Wise or PayPal.Please note that all mockups and designs are property of Aviator Custom Guitars and any designs that are created by us and NOT ordered by a customer can be used for another build. Sending the deposit constitutes an agreement to these terms and conditions and to the specifications finalized up to the date of the transfer. Aviator Custom Guitars reserves the right to cancel an order at any stage prior to beginning construction of the project if the luthier believes that the project has developed into something he is not able or willing to build, of course if we cancel a build then the deposit will be refunded to the client.
While agreeing upon the specifications we will try our best to estimate when we will commence on the build and a projected completion date, these dates are only an estimate and actual dates may vary. Each custom guitar we build is extremely unique and it is difficult to be accurate when considering the complex steps involved
Throughout the build, we photograph the guitars progress and provide these to the customer through various channels, we strongly advise our customers to follow these updates as closely as possible; this is one way in which we guarantee the perfect instrument.
Once the specifications of a custom build have been finalized and work on the actual instrument has commenced, any changes to the machining required, woodwork, hardware, pickups or the build process must be discussed and confirmed in writing and may be subject to extra charges
Payment by Bank Transfer, Wise, GoPay or by PayPal is available. For European customers we suggest to check SEPA transfer availability in their countries. Payments made via PayPal will include a 5% payment processing fee.
Once the instrument is complete we will let you know that it is ready for delivery and that the remaining balance is due. Sending the balance signifies that you have seen the photographs through the various social feeds and that you agree there are no cosmetic issues with the build and that it was built to meet your specifications. Once the balance and shipping charges have cleared into our account, we will arrange the shipping/delivery of your custom guitar or bass. All packages are declared and insured at their full value. We use a local shipping service that looks for the best deal with FedEx or TNT, so we can affordably ship worldwide.
Shipping is €100 within Europe, €200 to the US and Canada, and €300 to the rest of the World.
If you live outside of the EU, local tax and import and customs charges may apply upon the package's arrival at your customs office. Aviator Guitars is not and cannot be held responsible for any additional import charges or local taxes.
All Aviator Custom Guitar instruments are covered by the Limited Warranty as detailed below. If full payment of the balance owing is not paid within 3 months of notification of completion, then the instrument will be sold to cover costs and the client will lose all rights to it.
Warranty For Custom Guitars
1) Warranty Terms and Conditions. Aviator Custom Guitars warrants solely to the original purchaser of this Aviator Custom Guitars musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another (unless otherwise noted by Aviator Custom Guitars). This Limited Warranty does not apply: (a) to wear or breakage of frets or strings, or other normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts; (b) to asserted defects caused by modification, misuse or abuse or improper maintenance of the instrument; (c) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgements; (d) to asserted defects caused by accident or exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity which cause harm to the instrument; (e) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized Aviator Custom Guitars dealer.
2) Limitation on Obligations. The obligations of Aviator Custom Guitars hereunder are limited to repair or replacement of parts of the instrument found to be defective under this Limited Warranty. In no event shall Aviator Custom Guitars be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to time, wages or lost profits, of any nature or kind or for damages to or loss of property.
3) No Other Warranties. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation Aviator Custom Guitars. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of the Aviator Custom Guitars musical instrument. NO representation or warranty made by any Aviator Custom Guitars salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon Aviator Custom Guitars other than as set forth herein.
The really, really boring stuff...
Aviator Custom Guitars does not accept responsibilities beyond those set forth here, including any liability for products not being available for use, or for the provision of services and support. Aviator Custom Guitars shall not be liable for loss of profits, loss of business, or other consequential, special, indirect, or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party except as expressly provided herein. Customer agrees that for any liability related to the purchase of products or services, Aviator Custom Guitars is not liable or responsible for any amount of damages above the amount paid by the customer for the purchase of products or services. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Aviator Custom Guitars be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profit arising out of the use, or the inability to use, the materials on this site, even if Aviator Custom Guitars has been advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the materials or information on this site results in the need for servicing or repair, Aviator Custom Guitars shall not be liable for any costs incurred. Aviator Custom Guitars continually upgrades, improves, and revises its products and services to provide customers with new products and services. Aviator Custom Guitars may revise or discontinue products at any time without prior notice to customers. Natural oil and/or wax finishes with stains are liable to fading during the first year and stains on lacquered instruments will fade through exposure to natural light. Aviator Custom Guitars will ship products that have the functionality and performance of the products ordered, but changes between what is shipped and what is described in a specification sheet or catalogue are possible. * “All shipping costs” refers to both the shipping and handling costs from us to the customer, as well as the cost of returning the item by the customer to us. These terms are subject to change without notice.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Czech Republic.
Updated 2023, January 30th